Guide to Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Tucson, Arizona
For those who are struggling with substance abuse disorder and want help overcoming their addiction, it can be difficult to know where to start. That is why Desert Hope Treatment has assembled this Tucson rehab guide to educate and guide those struggling with addiction towards a substance-free life. Through treatment and therapy, recovery is possible.
Addiction Treatment Near Tucson, AZ
Types of Addiction Treatment Available Near Tucson, AZ
An intake assessment is often the first step when determining the optimal treatment solution for a patient. The assessment includes the patient’s general health history, physical assessment, mental status, patterns of substance abuse, and history of substance abuse. The intake assessment will also take into account treatment history, employment history, education history, and legal and family history. This information is then analyzed and used to formulate a patient-specific addiction treatment plan designed for successful recovery and sober living.
There are a number of excellent choices for those seeking treatment and therapy for substance abuse. Some of the most common types of addiction treatment are:
- Medical detox is a common first step on the road to recovery. Detoxification can have unpleasant or potentially life-threatening withdrawal symptoms, and by beginning the detoxification process in a qualified and experienced detox program, they can minimize the negative effects and feel safe and secure throughout the process.
- Inpatient treatment provides patients with an increased level of support and medical care in an effort to guide the patient to successful recovery so that they can then begin independent sober living.
- Outpatient rehab programs offer the patient the freedom and autonomy of living at home while supplying the support they need as they continue their journey to recovery.
- A partial hospitalization program is an intensive program that offers high-quality and structured care at a rehabilitation facility while the patient lives and sleeps in their own home.
- For those who are sequestered due to the impacts of COVID-19, telehealth rehab services are the ideal solution. Outpatient services are now available via telecommunications, and it is an excellent way to continue treatment from the safety and security of your own home.
What Types of Therapy Are Included in Addiction Treatment?
Addiction can change a person’s behaviors and thought processes in ways that make them prioritize drugs and alcohol over their health, wellness, and personal and professional responsibilities. It is for this reason that cognitive therapy solutions are so important.
They offer patients the opportunity to remove these substances from their priority list and improve the outcomes of their recovery process. Addiction therapy and treatment options include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT).
- The matrix model.
- Motivational interviewing.
- Family therapy.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
- Recovery groups.
- Expressive arts therapy.
Additionally, some facilities utilize holistic therapies to improve results, including yoga, massage, meditation, and more.
Cost of Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Tucson
There are many different forms of treatment, and the costs associated with each will vary greatly. Certain programs will cost more than others, and though costs will vary, it is important to remember the goal of successful recovery when choosing treatment options.
Most health insurance plans cover substance abuse treatment in some capacity. However, if you are uninsured or if your plan only covers a small portion of the cost, there are many other ways to pay for inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment, like special financing available through the facility, payment plans, and more.
Enter your information in our to learn exactly what your plan covers.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Drugs & Alcohol Statistics for Pima County
Effects of Illicit Drug Use in Arizona
Pima County is not immune to the impacts of this epidemic. Pima County saw 811 drug overdose deaths between 2017 and 2019.1 This figure is the second-highest in the state, behind Maricopa County. However, there are substance abuse resources.
Outcomes of Alcohol Abuse in Tucson & Pima County
Alcohol abuse is prevalent throughout Pima County. 20% of adults report binge or heavy drinking, tying them for the third-highest percentage in the state, only 2% from the leading county of Yavapai at 22%.2 This statistic is no doubt related to the number of driving deaths with alcohol involvement.
153 driving deaths in Pima County involved alcohol between 2015 and 2019, a number that is second only to Maricopa County.3 In an effort to combat these deaths, we have created a page devoted to giving those in need a better understanding of treatment for alcohol addiction.