Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab Guide For Oklahoma
There are many people throughout the state of Oklahoma who are struggling with substance abuse disorders. It might be you, your family, your friends, or your neighbors. Whoever it may be, remember; there is hope. Through treatment and therapy, anyone can achieve a successful recovery.
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab Centers In Oklahoma
In 2019, the state of Oklahoma declared substance use disorders a public health crisis. Two out of three people struggling with substance abuse in Oklahoma are not receiving the necessary care.1 For those who are not receiving the care they need, help is out there. There are a variety of treatment options in Oklahoma that are devoted to helping those struggling with addiction establish a healthy, sober life.
Covering the Cost of Addiction Rehab
For many who are searching for rehabs in Oklahoma, the cost is a serious concern and a potential roadblock to seeking care. Luckily, there are a number of different ways to receive help paying for drug and alcohol rehab, resulting in many feasible options for people throughout the state of Oklahoma.
Some will find that private health insurance helps with the cost of rehab. Additionally, government-funded insurance programs like Medicare or Medicaid might also help with the costs. Another option when covering the costs of rehab would be a payment installment plan. Select facilities throughout the state accept this form of payment.
Desert Hope Treatment Center accepts many different types of insurance, including many local insurance providers throughout the country. We have listed some of the insurance companies that we work with below.
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Neighborhood Health Plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
Verify Your Insurance Coverage for Rehab
The companies listed above are only a select few of the insurance companies with which we work. Desert Hope Treatment Center makes it easy to determine if your insurance will be accepted at our facility. Provide your name, insurance information, and contact information through our to learn more about what your plan covers.
What Are My Options for Addiction Treatment?
There are many different ways to treat substance abuse disorder. By choosing the optimal program for your circumstances, you can provide yourself with the best possible chance at a successful, long-term recovery. We have outlined some of the most common programs available below:
- Many people begin their recovery process with a medical detox. Detoxification is known to produce uncomfortable and even potentially life-threatening side effects. By undergoing the detox process in a comfortable and secure treatment facility, you will have the support of trained professionals at your disposal who can help ensure a safe and successful detox experience.
- Partial hospitalization programs offer the patient the structure and routine of inpatient care programs while allowing them the flexibility and independence to live in their own home.
- Outpatient rehab is another extremely flexible option for those seeking treatment. Outpatient rehab is less intensive than partial hospitalization programs and focuses on providing different forms of therapy, including individual, group, and family therapy.
- Sober living aftercare is an extremely valuable option for those who have difficulty avoiding substances or triggers within their own home. Sober living aftercare provides the recovering patient with a safe and secure home to build positive habits in while surrounded by other people in recovery.
The best way to determine the most effective strategy for drug rehab is through the intake assessment. The intake assessment reviews the substances that the patient is using, their use history, why they are seeking treatment, as well as a medical evaluation. For patients who enter the assessment currently under the influence, they will likely begin treatment in medical detox.
What Types of Therapy Are Used in Treatment?
Therapy is an important part of the treatment process. Addiction can alter a person’s thoughts and behaviors, making them prioritize substances over all else. Counseling and recovery services can be used to revert this effect, helping the patient to refocus their priorities and build positive habits and thought processes. There are a number of different types of cognitive therapy available to patients today:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy is used to help identify and change negative thoughts that help propel substance abuse and replace them with positive and more productive thought processes.
- Dialectical behavior therapy helps improve a patient’s ability to envision and pursue goals and develop coping skills. This is effective in the treatment of patients with suicidal tendencies or borderline personality disorder.
- The matrix model is often used to help with addictions to stimulants and combines multiple forms of therapy, including 12 step meetings, family therapy, and more to help ensure long-term sobriety.
- Motivational interviewing is utilized to help a patient stay motivated and resolved in their goal of sobriety.
- Family therapy is used to help a family unit overcome any lingering issues or resentment to reduce strain and improve the family dynamic.
- Psychoeducation is all about educating the patient on substance use disorders and empowering them in their recovery process.
Oklahoma Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics
Oklahoma Drug Statistics reveal the true impact that drugs and alcohol have had on the state of Oklahoma and the families that call this state home.
The Effects of Illicit Drug Use
In the state of Oklahoma, drug overdose deaths rose 91% between 2003 and 20181. Opioids are a major contributor to this statistic, with more than 308 opioid overdose deaths in the state in 20182. In an effort to combat these numbers, we offer additional substance abuse resources for those in need.
Outcomes of Excessive Drinking
Excessive drinking is also prevalent throughout the state. Fifteen percent of adults in Oklahoma report binge or heavy drinking within the last month3. This number is no doubt related to the number of alcohol-impaired driving deaths in the state, where 27% of all driving deaths involve alcohol4. This is why we offer resources to help people better understand alcoholism and alcohol abuse treatment.
Regional Counseling and Recovery Services
Desert Hope Treatment Center is a resource available to many, not just those in the state of Oklahoma. If you are interested in seeing additional treatment resources and options for other locations, view the list below.
- Oklahoma Policy Institute (2019) Substance use disorders are a public health crisis in Oklahoma. Expanding health care coverage will help.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (2019) Oklahoma: Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms
- County Health Rankings (2021) Excessive drinking
- County Health Rankings (2021) Alcohol-Impaired Driving Deaths