Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near Salt Lake City, UT
Suffering from a substance use disorder (SUD) is not uncommon, in fact, many people struggle with addiction. However, there is treatment available to help kickstart your recovery.
If you or a loved one is in need of inpatient or outpatient treatment, our guide to rehab for Salt Lake City, Utah, can help explain the types of programs available and how to pay for them. It also covers addiction statistics in Salt Lake County and treatment resources for other areas of the American Southwest.
Rehab for Drug & Alcohol Addiction Near Salt Lake City, UT
There are a number of excellent treatment options available to those in the Salt Lake City area, including inpatient rehab, outpatient programs, sober living and support groups. These resources are devoted to helping those who are struggling in and around Salt Lake City.
In some cases, residents of Salt Lake City may wish to go to another location for treatment. While being near home may be convenient, traveling to another location may help patients get some distance from an unhealthy environment, gain some perspective, and refocus on what they want for their future.
Desert Hope Treatment Center is an option for those in the Salt Lake City Area who are looking to begin the recovery process and want to travel to try a location outside of Utah. They offer many types of addiction treatment and cater their care plans to each patient to provide the best possible outcomes.
Warning Signs of Addiction
If you or someone you love is using substances, the following signs may indicate a need for treatment: 1:
- Spending a lot of time getting, using or recovering from drugs or alcohol.
- Continuing to use despite knowing it has caused physical or mental health problems.
- Giving up important social, occupational or recreational activities in favor of using.
- Using more or for longer than intended.
- Needing more and more to feel the effects.
- Feeling withdrawal symptoms when quitting or cutting back.
- Failing to handle responsibilities due to use of the substance.
- Continuing to use despite social and relationship problems that arise as a result.
- Wanting to stop using but not being able to.
- Using in hazardous situations such as before driving or using machinery.
If you or someone you love can identify with the warning signs above, there is hope. By committing to change through addiction treatment and therapy, you can start the process of recovery and experience meaningful change.
Ways to Pay for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
For those considering drug or alcohol rehab, the question of how to pay for rehab is a big one. Costs will vary based on the type of treatment, any medications used, the duration of the program and other factors such as the facility’s amenities.
While it’s normal to worry about treatment costs, understand that there are financial options. First, recent laws have ensured that many insurance plans cover addiction treatment to some degree. You might also find that some of the expenses of rehab are covered by Medicaid or Medicare. Second, many private facilities will work with you to cover out-of-pocket expenses, for example through flexible financing, loans, or even scholarships. Third, state-funded programs may provide treatment at minimal to no cost.
Remember, that the total cost of addiction (long-term medical issues, relationship strain, job loss, etc) is much greater than the one-time cost of treatment.
Find Out if Your Insurance Covers the Cost of Rehab
Desert Hope Treatment Center makes it easy to determine if your insurance will provide coverage in our facilities. To see if your insurance will cover treatment, fill out our . The form is secure and HIPAA-compliant and will ask for just a few details such as your name, phone number, email, and insurance ID. Once you’ve filled it out, we’ll email you back in just minutes with a verification of your benefits and an explanation of what your plan may cover.
What Types of Treatment Are Available?
Those seeking treatment have a wide variety of options at their disposal. Each form of treatment is unique and comes with its own array of benefits. By choosing the optimal choice for your specific needs, you can get the most out of your treatment and raise your odds of achieving long-term recovery. Treatment types include:
- Medical detox is often the first step in the recovery process. By undergoing the detoxification process in a safe and secure environment, you can mitigate the impact of uncomfortable and even life-threatening withdrawal symptoms. Entering into a medical detox facility is a great way to begin the treatment process with confidence.
- Inpatient/residential addiction rehab is also very beneficial for many. It allows you to live in a controlled environment where you can focus entirely on your recovery.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). This highest level of outpatient care offers flexibility to those who wish to receive medical care and therapeutic support in a safe and secure facility while sleeping in their own home. Sometimes referred to as “day treatment,” this highly structured program involves both individual and group therapy as well as other forms of treatment at least 5 days per week in blocks of about 6 hours.
- Intensive outpatient rehab. The next level down from a PHP, an outpatient program offers similar structure with fewer weekly treatment hours. The patient lives at home and receives structured care 3 days per week while continuing their recovery in the comfort of their home.
- Sober living.This is an excellent option for those recovering from addiction. It allows the resident to live outside of the treatment facility with peers who are also in recovery. It is an excellent option for those who have experienced relapses in the past or need a safe, sober environment to recover in.
Determining the best type of addiction treatment plan for a patient is a vital first step; the right treatment plan gives the patient the best chance at a successful recovery. Through an assessment of the patient’s health, history, and history of substance use, the optimal treatment plan can be devised and implemented. When searching for treatment in Salt Lake City or surrounding areas, look for programs that provide individualized treatment that takes the patient’s unique needs into consideration.
What Kind of Addiction Therapies Are Available Near Salt Lake City?
Rehab facilities employ a number of different forms of therapy to help patients form positive habits and grow their motivation for recovery. Common types of addiction therapies are detailed below.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps identify negative and irrational thoughts that propel substance use and alter them to promote a healthy mind and lifestyle.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy helps a patient develop and pursue goals, improve their coping skills, and work on acceptance. This is often utilized when co-occurring mental health disorders are present.
- The matrix model refers to an integrative therapy program that combines a number of treatment approaches, including 12-step meetings, family therapy, and more to promote long-term success.
- Motivational interviewing focuses on empowering the patient and helping them resolve any ambivalence they have about recovery.
- Family therapy focuses on the family dynamic and involves the family in the rehabilitation process to repair relationships to reduce strain among family members.
- Psychoeducation teaches the fundamentals of substance addiction to help the patient better understand the disorder and empower them as they work towards sobriety.
In addition to the cognitive therapies listed above, holistic therapies such as yoga, meditation, and art therapy can be used to supplement the treatment process.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Salt Lake County Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics
Salt Lake County is not immune to the epidemic of drug death overdoses that can be seen in both the rest of the state and the country. Statistics show serious outcomes that can result from substance abuse.
Illicit Drugs & Overdose Deaths
Salt Lake County sees the most drug overdose deaths in the state of Utah, leading the state with more than double the next highest county. Between the years 2017 and 2019, there were 782 drug overdose deaths in Salt Lake County.2 The statistics noted above emphasize the importance of sharing substance abuse resources with those in need.
Alcohol Abuse & Alcohol-Impaired Driving
Alcohol abuse is another issue afflicting those in Salt Lake County. 14% of adults in Salt Lake County report binge drinking, a percentage that is the second highest in the state when evaluated by county. This number also impacts the number of alcohol-impaired driving deaths in the county, which between the years of 2015-2019, was 82. For those struggling with the impacts of alcohol abuse, there is alcohol abuse treatment.
Regional Drug and Alcohol Addiction Resources
Desert Hope offers effective clinical treatment and support services for patients struggling with addiction. We also offer additional resources for those outside of the Salt Lake Area. See below for more information.
- Nevada Addiction Guide
- Southwest U.S. Addiction Guide
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in Las Vegas