Ambetter Insurance for Addiction Treatment in Las Vegas, NV
Ambetter—part of the Centene Corporation—provides health insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace.1
If you have insurance through Ambetter and are looking for substance use disorder treatment, you may be wondering what Ambetter insurance for rehab looks like and what kinds of care are covered. This guide will help you understand the types of treatment plans that may be included with your insurance, as well as how you can verify your Ambetter rehab coverage quickly and easily.
Does Ambetter Health Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab?
Yes, Ambetter covers drug alcohol and rehab in Las Vegas, although the coverage level depends on your specific insurance plan. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires that all long-term health insurance plans offered through the Health Insurance Marketplace must cover certain essential benefits, one of which is substance use treatment.2
Ambetter currently offers 4 ”metal tiers” for their insurance plans ranging from Bronze up to Platinum.3
Ambetter insurance policies cover more or less of your costs, depending on the “metal tier” they fall under. For example, a Bronze plan pays an estimated average of 60% of your care costs, while you pay the remaining 40%. These plans have inexpensive monthly premiums, but you’ll have higher out-of-pocket costs. At the other end, a Platinum plan covers 90% of your costs, but these plans have the highest monthly premiums.3
How Do I Use Ambetter Insurance to Pay for Substance Abuse Treatment?
The first step in using Ambetter insurance for addiction treatment is finding a facility that is within the Ambetter care network. Desert Hope is in network and provides an easy way to verify your coverage: fill out and submit the . In just a few minutes, we will review your information and email you with a verification of your benefits and a summary of your coverage.
Admissions navigators at Desert Hope can be reached at and are able to provide more detailed information about insurance coverage, answer questions about treatment, and help you start the rehab admissions process.
Upon admission to Desert Hope, medical staff will perform a health evaluation, review your substance use history, and consider environmental factors to ensure you receive the appropriate medical recommendation and subsequent treatment.
How Much Does Addiction Treatment Cost with Ambetter Insurance?
Typically, addiction treatment requires you to pay a portion of the cost, while your insurance covers the rest. Your out-of-pocket expenses will depend on:
- The specific treatment center you choose.
- The type of treatment provided.
- Your specific plan.
One common cost you can expect is your deductible, which is the amount you pay before your insurance kicks in. Your deductible is usually one set amount for the year, so you may have paid some of it already depending on whether you’ve accessed other medical care in your plan year. You may also have a copayment or coinsurance, which are payments you make for specific treatment services after your reach your deductible.4
Many plans have an out-of-pocket maximum, which is the most you have to spend for covered services within the plan year. After you hit that maximum, covered services are fully paid by the insurance company.
As you look to use your Ambetter insurance for rehab in Las Vegas, keep in mind that there are many ways to ways to pay for substance abuse treatment that may make treatment more affordable if you are concerned about the out-of-pocket costs. For example, you may be able to set up a payment plan with the treatment center so that you don’t need to bear the full burden of the costs all at once.
Types of Addiction Treatment Covered by Ambetter Insurance in Nevada
Your specific addiction treatment plan will be based on your medical needs. Patients often benefit from a combination of treatment types. Here are some of the types of addiction treatment that may be recommended for you:6
- Medical Detox. Many programs start with detox so you can safely withdraw from drugs and alcohol under medical supervision. This is not a rehabilitation program — it’s simply the starting point for effective treatment.
- Residential care. You might be referred to residential care, which is an inpatient rehab program that requires you to live at the treatment facility. It is a great way to get out of your current environment and make new choices while you learn new habits.
- Outpatient care. A less intensive treatment option is outpatient rehab care, where you live at home but attend treatment during the day. This lets you continue working or attending school while still making significant progress in your recovery.
- This can be helpful if you aren’t able to attend some or all of your treatment meetings in person.
Your doctor will help you decide what treatment program is best for you. The goal is to create a long-term change so that you can live a happier, healthier life.
Benefits of Using Ambetter Insurance to Help Pay for Drug & Alcohol Rehab
Using Ambetter Insurance to pay for rehab makes addiction treatment significantly more affordable.
While struggling with addiction can seem isolating, the problem is common and widespread, and Nevada is no exception:7,8,9
- The cost of excessive alcohol consumption in Nevada totals $2,296,300,000, which is $850 for every person living in the state.
- Between 2017 and 2019, an estimated 4.8% of Nevada residents 12 years old and older struggled with an illicit drug use disorder within the past year. During the same period, 6.2% of the same age demographic suffered from alcohol use disorder (AUD).
- In 2018, Nevada doctors wrote 55.5 opioid prescriptions per 100 people, which is above the national average. Nationwide, almost 70% of all overdose deaths that year involved opioids.
Getting the addiction treatment you need in Nevada is an important part of moving forward toward a better life. Don’t let anything hold you back from a new life. Fill out the confidential form below or call an admissions navigator at to take action to get treatment today.