Guide to Addiction Rehab & Recovery for Glendale, AZ
Drug and alcohol dependence harm your body and your mind. Admitting you need help and seeking out the treatment are your first steps on the journey to improved physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Treatment can help to prevent or reverse serious health problems associated with substance misuse; it may even save your life.1,2
In this guide to drug and alcohol rehab in Glendale, AZ, you’ll learn how to find the right treatment program for you, including:
- The rehab treatment options that are available near Glendale, AZ.
- The types of treatment that can help you to overcome addiction.
- How to pay for drug and alcohol treatment, and whether insurance covers the cost of treatment.
- Drug and alcohol resources in and around Glendale.
Finding Treatment for Addiction in Glendale, AZ
What Types of Treatment Can Be Effective for Overcoming Addiction?
In the Glendale, AZ area, you can access a wide variety of treatment options:
- Medical detox is the first stage of drug and alcohol treatment. Medical detoxification takes place under the supervision of doctors and nurses, and medications may be provided for symptom management and to prevent complications. A medical detox treatment typically takes 5-7 days.
- Inpatient rehab is an intensive residential treatment program that offers round-the-clock medical supervision in a structured and supportive environment. It is the optimal treatment option for patients who need 24/7 care or medical treatment for co-occurring physical and mental health issues. co-occurring with their substance dependence.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a type of outpatient care often called day treatment. Patients attend an intensive course of therapy, with at least 6hours of therapy for at least 5days a week. PHP is an excellent option for patients who prefer a structured and intensive program but do not want to live at the facility.
- Intensive outpatient treatment is less intensive than a PHP but still involves many therapeutic programming hours per week.
- Sober living is a post-rehab treatment option that provides support and structure for patients as they transition to an independent life after treatment. Sober living is ideal for patients worried they might relapse or who need somewhere safe to stay while they complete an outpatient program.
Reputable Drug & Alcohol Rehab in the Southwest
Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas, NV, is ideal for patients living in Glendale, AZ and the surrounding area. Less than an hour’s flight from Glendale, Desert Hope provides life-changing programs and therapeutic treatments in a comfortable, private, and caring environment. Stand-out features include indoor and outdoor recreational facilities, a gym and fitness center, mindfulness spaces, and nutritionally balanced meals. Desert Hope is just far away enough from Glendale to provide some distance from your normal substance-using environment and close enough to retain the support of loved ones and family who can make a quick trip to visit you.
Patients recovering from drug and alcohol use disorders at Desert Hope benefit from treatment tailored to their unique needs, with levels of care designed to account for differences in each patient’s substance use disorder severity, withdrawal risks, psychological and social histories and needs, and co-occurring mental and physical conditions.
For those who have served their country—including veterans of all branches of the military, firefighters, and law enforcement officers—Desert Hope’s Salute to Recovery Program offers co-occurring disorder treatment that focuses on issues unique to this population, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
What Kind of Therapies Are Used in Rehab?
Detoxification alone cannot address the root causes of addiction.4 A complete treatment program also includes therapy to help patients overcome their underlying issues, such as trauma, family conflicts, shame or co-occurring disorders.
There is no one-size-fits-all program that works for everyone, particularly where therapeutic treatments are concerned. That’s why Glendale, AZ drug and alcohol treatment facilities offer a diverse range of therapy options that include both cognitive therapies and holistic therapies, which are combined to create a comprehensive therapy program that meets the needs of each individual.
Therapies used to treat drug and alcohol addiction may include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
- Motivational Interviewing.
- Family Therapy.
- Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT).
- Recovery Groups.
Holistic therapies, which may be used in conjunction with evidence-based approaches, include:
- Expressive Arts Therapy.
- Acupuncture and acupressure.
- Reiki and other types of energy work.
- Yoga and meditation.
- Biofeedback and neurofeedback.
- Nutritional therapy.
Payment Options & Insurance
Are There Options Available to Help Pay for Treatment?
There are many options available to help with the cost of rehab, including:
- Health insurance — your health insurance may cover some or most of the cost of treatment, depending on the type of treatment program and whether the provider is in-network.
- State-funded insurance — Medicaid and Medicare may cover “reasonable and necessary” substance abuse treatment, including inpatient and outpatient treatment.
- Payment plans — for those who are not covered by insurance, Desert Hope can work with you on flexible payment programs and financing that may make the cost of treatment affordable for you.
Because appropriate treatment and effective therapeutic programs depend on the individual and their needs, it’s impossible to give an exact treatment cost. However, you should consider the following factors that impact the cost of addiction treatment:
- The length of the program.
- Whether you opt for inpatient or outpatient treatment.
- The facility you pick, e.g., a luxury facility with many amenities may be more expensive than a more basic facility.
- The medications prescribed.
Desert Hope Treatment Center accepts many different insurance plans on an in-network and out-of-network basis. The majority of plans with Behavioral Healthcare Options are in-network, with major insurance partners that include the Health Plan of Nevada, Sierra Health and Life, and Managed Health Network, among many others.
Check to See If Your Insurance Covers the Cost of Rehab
To discover whether your insurance plan covers substance use disorder treatment, . Depending on your policy, co-pay, and deductible, you may be covered for a large part of your treatment.
Are You Struggling with Addiction?
- Nevada Addiction Guide
- Southwest U.S. Addiction Guide
- How to Use Health Insurance for Rehab in Las Vegas