Guide to Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near New Mexico
Many people in the state of New Mexico are struggling with substance misuse. However, there is hope for recovery and resources available for those who want to start their recovery journey.
This guide will provide information about addiction and treatment for those who struggle with substance misuse.
Substance Abuse & Addiction Rehabs Near New Mexico
If you or someone you love has a substance use disorder, help is close at hand. In fact, there are many rehab centers near New Mexico.1
For those who seek recovery, drug and alcohol treatment in a safe, healthy recovery center can make a life-changing difference.
Substance Abuse & Addiction Rehabs Near New Mexico
Drugs and alcohol misuse are very prevalent throughout the state of New Mexico. If you or someone that you know is struggling with drugs and alcohol, it is important to remember that recovery is possible. Through treatment and therapy, it is possible to achieve a healthy and sober life.
There are numerous treatment options available in New Mexico, including inpatient and outpatient programs, as well as various different forms of therapy. Through the proper combination of these resources, substance abuse disorder can be treated.
What Treatment Options Are Available for Drug & Alcohol Rehab?
Given the variety of treatment programs available, it is important that you choose the optimal form of treatment based on your needs. Some of the most common and effective forms of treatment are detailed below.
- Medical detox is an important first step for many on the path to recovery. Medical detox allows a patient to undergo the detoxification process in a safe, comfortable environment surrounded by trained professionals. Detox is known for producing unpleasant and potentially dangerous side effects, and undergoing this process under the supervision of experienced caregivers can help instill confidence and peace of mind for the patient.
- A partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a possible next step for patients after medical detox. The program consists of at least five days of treatment or therapy a week, which could be some form of individual therapy, group therapy, support groups, and more based on the patient’s needs. This
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient/Residential Rehab is where the patient lives at the facility 24/7 and is able to enjoy an array of amenities.
- program offers patients structured care while allowing them to sleep in the comfort of their homes.
- Outpatient rehab is a less intensive alternative to PHP, offering many similar forms of treatment in a format that offers the patient a greater level of freedom as they reside in their own home.
- Sober living aftercare is an excellent option for those who are at high risk of relapse in their home environment. Sober living aftercare allows a patient to reside in a safe and sober environment surrounded by individuals who are also undergoing the rehabilitation process. This is a great way to build positive habits as you strive for long-term sobriety.
Renowned Addiction Rehab Center in the Region
Desert Hope Treatment Center is a renowned addiction rehab center available to those in the region. They provide a full continuum of care which is administered by highly trained and experienced professionals. Care is administered in a beautiful, comfortable, and safe facility and has proven to be so effective that Desert Hope Treatment Center offers a 90-day promise to all patients in the 90-day program.
What Role Does Therapy Play in Treatment?
Therapy plays a vital role in the treatment process and is extremely important in achieving long-term sobriety. Addiction can alter a person’s thought processes to prioritize a substance over physical and mental health, family, and more. These negative thought processes need to be combatted in order to foster long-term recovery.
Therapy helps a patient reprioritize their life, come to terms with the consequences of their use, and change negative thoughts that propel substance abuse. This is what makes therapy such an important step in the recovery process.
There are many different forms of therapy used when treating substance abuse including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, the matrix model, and many more. These proven therapy programs are a valuable tool for those seeking recovery.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Drug and Alcohol Use Statistics for New Mexico
New Mexico Drug & Alcohol Use Statistics
The prevalence of alcohol and Illegal drug use has had major impacts throughout the state of New Mexico, both for those who use them and those surrounding them. Some of the consequences of alcohol and illegal drug use are illustrated below.
Illicit Drug Use & Overdose Deaths
New Mexico had the 15th highest drug overdose death rate in the United States in 20181, with the vast majority of them taking place in Bernalillo County. For those struggling with illicit drug use, we provide substance abuse resources to help better understand both addiction and treatment.
Excessive Drinking & Alcohol-Impaired Driving Deaths
Excessive drinking is extremely prevalent in the state of New Mexico. New Mexico has had the highest alcohol-related death rate in the country since 19971 17% of adults report binge or heavy drinking in New Mexico within the last thirty days.3 This is linked to the number of alcohol-impaired driving deaths in the state, which is the 6th highest in the nation1. 30% of driving deaths in New Mexico involve alcohol.4
This is partly why we have developed this resource, for those of you who wish to gain a greater understanding of alcoholism and alcohol abuse treatment.
What Costs Are Associated With Rehab?
For many, the cost is a primary concern when considering rehab and stands as a potential barrier to those seeking treatment. It is important to remember that while money is a factor, it should never cause you to lose sight of the most important goal of getting sober and healthy.
The costs associated with rehab will vary greatly depending on the facility, the program, the type of treatment, the duration of the program, and many other factors. In order to gain a better understanding of how much treatment will cost, you should first determine what kind of treatment is needed.
There are many different ways to pay for drug and alcohol rehab. Both private and state-funded insurance programs can offer assistance, and for those without insurance, there are other options as well. Certain facilities in New Mexico offer payment installment plans that will make paying for treatment feasible for many without health insurance.
For those who are wondering if their insurance will cover rehab at Desert Hope treatment facility, it is very easy to find out. Desert Hope Treatment Center works with numerous different insurance providers including Cigna, Humana, Neighborhood Health Plan, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and more. To determine if your insurance will be accepted at Desert Hope Treatment Center, provide your contact information, insurance provider, and policy number through this link.