Guide to Drug & Alcohol Rehab Near New Mexico
Many people in the state of New Mexico are struggling with substance misuse. However, there is hope for recovery and resources available for those who want to start their recovery journey.
This guide will provide information about addiction and treatment for those who struggle with substance misuse.
Alcohol & Drug Rehab Near New Mexico
If you or someone you love has a substance use disorder, help is close at hand. In fact, there are many rehab centers near New Mexico.1
For those who seek recovery, drug and alcohol treatment in a safe, healthy recovery center can make a life-changing difference.
Desert Hope Treatment Center inpatient treatment center in Las Vegas, Nevada is a great option for those willing to make the trip.
Types of Addiction Treatment Near New Mexico
Given the variety of treatment programs available, it is important that you choose the optimal form of treatment based on your needs. Some of the most common and effective forms of treatment are detailed below.
- Medical detox. Medical detox allows a patient to undergo the detoxification process in a safe, comfortable environment surrounded by trained professionals. Withdrawal is known for producing unpleasant and potentially dangerous side effects, and undergoing this process under the supervision of experienced caregivers can help instill confidence and peace of mind in the patient.
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient/Residential Rehab is where the patient lives at the facility 24/7 and is able to enjoy an array of amenities and benefit from around-the-clock support from staff.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). PHP consists of at least 5 days of treatment or therapy a week, which could be some form of individual therapy, group therapy, support groups, and more based on the patient’s needs.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). IOP is a step down from PHP, consisting of a minimum of 3 days per week in treatment.
- Standard outpatient treatment. The least intensive type of formal treatment, standard outpatient care offers the patient a greater level of freedom.
- Sober living aftercare is an excellent option for those who are at high risk of relapse in their home environment. Sober living aftercare allows a patient to reside in a safe and sober environment surrounded by individuals who are also undergoing the rehabilitation process. This is a great way to build positive habits as you strive for long-term sobriety.
Therapy During Addiction Treatment
Therapy plays a vital role in the treatment process and is extremely important in achieving long-term sobriety. Addiction can alter a person’s thought processes to prioritize a substance over physical and mental health, family, and more. These negative thought processes need to be combatted in order to foster long-term recovery.
Therapy helps a patient reprioritize their life, come to terms with the consequences of their use, and change negative thoughts that propel substance abuse. This is what makes therapy such an important step in the recovery process.
There are many different forms of therapy used when treating substance abuse including cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, the matrix model, and many more. These proven therapy programs are a valuable tool for those seeking recovery.
Renowned Addiction Rehab Center in the Region
Desert Hope Treatment Center is a renowned addiction rehab center available to those in the region. They provide a full continuum of care which is administered by highly trained and experienced professionals. Care is administered in a beautiful, comfortable, and safe facility and has proven to be so effective that Desert Hope Treatment Center offers a 90-day promise to all patients in the 90-day program.
Call to start addiction treatment today.
How to Pay for Rehab
For many, the cost is a primary concern when considering rehab and stands as a potential barrier to those seeking treatment. It is important to remember that while money is a factor, it should never cause you to lose sight of the most important goal of getting sober and healthy.
The costs associated with rehab will vary greatly depending on the facility, the program, the type of treatment, the duration of the program, and many other factors. In order to gain a better understanding of how much treatment will cost, you should first determine what kind of treatment is needed.
There are many different ways to pay for drug and alcohol rehab. Both private and state-funded insurance programs can offer assistance, and for those without insurance, there are other options as well. Certain facilities in New Mexico offer payment installment plans that will make paying for treatment feasible for many without health insurance.
For those who are wondering if their insurance will cover rehab at Desert Hope treatment facility, it is very easy to find out. Desert Hope Treatment Center works with numerous different insurance providers including Cigna, Humana, Neighborhood Health Plan, Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and more. To determine if your insurance will be accepted at Desert Hope Treatment Center, provide your contact information, insurance provider, and policy number through this link.
Getting to Desert Hope from New Mexico
To drive to Desert Hope from Albuquerque, New Mexico:
- Take I-40 W and remain on this freeway for about 468 miles.
- Merge onto US-93 N/W Beale St. toward AZ-68 W/Las Vegas.
- Continue on I-11 to Paradise/US-93 N.
- Continue onto I-515 N.
- Exit on Flamingo Rd. and turn left.
- Turn right on Pecos Mcleod Interconnect.
- Turn left on East Twain Ave. and Desert Hope will be on your right.
Are You Struggling with Addiction?
New Mexico Substance Abuse Statistics
Drug Use & Overdoses in New Mexico
Overdose and drug addiction are significant problems in New Mexico:
- New Mexico had the 11th-highest drug overdose death rate in the United States in 2020, with a rate of 39 deaths per 100,000 residents.1
- The majority of overdose deaths in New Mexico involve opioids (74% in 2019),2 followed by methamphetamine (36% in 2018).3
- Approximately 2.9% of the adult population in New Mexico suffered from past-year addiction to illicit drugs between 2017 and 2019.4
Alcohol Abuse & DUIs in New Mexico
Excessive drinking is extremely prevalent in the state of New Mexico. 17% of adults report binge or heavy drinking in New Mexico within the last 30 days.5
This is linked to the number of alcohol-impaired driving deaths in the state, which is the 6th highest in the nation1. 30% of driving deaths in New Mexico involve alcohol.6
Between 2017 and 2019, 5.3% of adults in New Mexico struggled with alcohol addiction within the previous year.4
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is committed to delivering original, truthful, accurate, unbiased, and medically current information. We strive to create content that is clear, concise, and easy to understand.
While we are unable to respond to your feedback directly, we'll use this information to improve our online help.