Drug & Alcohol Rehab Covered by Managed Health Net
A subsidiary of Health Net, LLC., Managed Health Net (MHN) is a leading company that provides behavioral healthcare or Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) to over 800 organizations in the United States. MHN healthcare programs can be purchased separately or as part of a Health Net medical insurance policy.1
MHN operates in Nevada and may help you cover addiction treatment at numerous Nevada facilities.
Does Managed Health Net Cover Substance Abuse Treatment?
Yes. However, the extent of this coverage varies by policy. Most health plans are subject to federal parity laws, meaning the benefits they provide for mental health conditions (like substance use disorder) must be equitable to that of the medical and surgical benefits provided.2,3
Types of Addiction Treatment Covered by MHN
While benefits will differ among plans plans, Managed Health Net may cover:2
- Crisis intervention.
- Counseling or therapy sessions.
- Hospitalization or residential treatment.
- Aftercare services.
How Do I Use Managed Health Net to Pay for Rehab?
The process of using MHN to pay for addiction treatment may vary slightly depending on your specific policy. Generally, you’ll want to first confirm that the treatment facility you’ve selected is within the MHN care network. In-network providers, such as Desert Hope, contract with your insurer directly, which almost always mean patients will have much lower out-of-pocket costs than they would if they went out of their plan network.4
You can confirm your insurer covers treatment at Desert Hope using the HIPAA-compliant . You will need an email address, your insurance policy number, and just a few other basic details.
Some insurance plans require prior authorization or referral from a specialist or primary care physician (PCP) before you start treatment. This is to ensure the treatment route selected is medically necessary and effective.5-7 Admissions navigators at Desert Hope Treatment Center can assist with the complicated process of using insurance to pay for rehab.
Your summary of benefits and coverage (SBC) for your specific insurance policy also contains some important information that may give you an idea of how your insurance coverage applies to addiction treatment. There is usually a section for mental health and substance use services that shows how out-of-pocket costs are incurred. Some important terms to understand include:8-11
- Deductible. This is the amount of out-of-pocket costs for applicable services within a year you can be charged before insurance begins providing coverage.
- Copayment. This is a fixed dollar amount that you may be charged at the point of service when you use your insurance for certain treatment types. For example, many plans may charge you a fee each time you see a therapist.
- Coinsurance. This is a percentage of treatment costs that you’ll have to pay for certain services. For example, if your SBC says the coinsurance rate for inpatient care is 25%, your insurer pays the remaining 75% of costs.
- Out-of-pocket maximum. The out-of-pocket limit is the total amount you can be charged for covered services within a year. After you’ve paid this amount, your insurer pays the rest of covered services during the rest of the plan year.
Why Use MHN Coverage for Rehab
Sadly, treatment cost and lack of insurance are the most common barriers preventing someone from getting help.12 Health insurance coverage makes addiction treatment much more affordable; however, even with health insurance, the cost of treatment may be a concern for some. In these instances, it can be beneficial to review alternative ways to pay for rehab.
If you’ve lost control of your drug or alcohol use, you’re not alone. Addiction is a serious mental health problem that affects millions of people. In Nevada alone:13,14
- 157,000 people 12 years old or older struggled with past-year alcohol use disorder (AUD) between 2017 and 2019.
- 123,000 people 12 years old or older battled illicit drug use disorder in the same time frame.
- 372 people died of opioid-involved overdoses in 2018.
Fortunately, addiction is a treatable illness, and most insurers cover substance use disorder treatment.15 Please fill out the form below to see if your insurance covers treatment at Desert Hope. Your information is kept completely confidential. If you prefer, you can also call an admissions navigator at to discuss treatment options or to ask specific questions regarding your insurance coverage.