Is a Telehealth Addiction Program Right for You?
Rehabilitation treatment is a highly individualized process: what works for someone else might not be the best path for you. Telehealth addiction treatment is a great option for people suffering from substance use disorder that do not require the constant monitoring and medical attention that an inpatient or residential program provides.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, on March 30th, Desert Hope Treatment Center began providing all their outpatient services via telehealth.
What is a Telehealth Addiction Program Like?
At Desert Hope Treatment Center, getting set up in a telehealth addiction program is simple. All you have to do is join a meeting from your computer or phone. You’ll sign up for services electronically and be given an access code for confidential video conferencing calls.
Remote treatment involves the same care as an outpatient program, just without having to visit the facility several times a week. Treatment involves:
- One-on-one, group, and family therapy.
- Psycho-educational group sessions.
- Case management and aftercare planning.
- And much more.
Advantages of a Telehealth Program for Addiction Treatment
Telehealth has many benefits, including:
- Enhanced safety regarding COVID-19 exposure.
- Reduced time and costs spent on transportation or childcare.
- Greater flexibility regarding scheduling.
- Ability to receive treatment anywhere in the country.
The Desert Hope telemedicine operates under the same major guidelines that inform all effective forms of treatment, including:
- Individualized care that caters to all of the patient’s needs—not just addiction treatment.
- Behavioral therapies that incentivize abstinence, build the skills to identify and overcome triggers, replace drug or alcohol use with other activities, and foster a supportive network conducive to sobriety.
- Care that extends well beyond detoxification.
Other Levels of Care
What constitutes effective addiction treatment varies between individuals. Some people—especially those with serious mental or physical health conditions—may fare better in an inpatient or residential treatment program. These levels of care allow staff to monitor a patient 24 hours a day and provides a structured routine in a safe, sober environment.
Desert Hope is committed to providing support for people struggling with addiction, despite the serious ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. That’s why the residential programs at Desert Hope–located in Las Vegas, Nevada–have implemented:
- Admission screening for COVID-19.
- Daily cleaning and regular fogging.
- Mask mandates.
- Social distancing protocol.
- On-site use of PPE.
- Care that incorporates treatment of anxiety exacerbated by COVID-19.
Addiction can be a devastating disease and it’s easy to lose hope. However, addiction is treatable—it often just requires getting the right help. Many people are finding hope and entering recovery even in these unprecedented, difficult times.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, it’s not too late to get help. Please contact an admissions navigator at and they will help you find a treatment option that is right for you. They can also help you make sense of your insurance coverage.